Best 15 Ways to Prevent Your Children from Pedophiles
Pedophilia is known to be a psychiatric disorder (psychosexual disorder) which is related to adults who have fantasies, urges or behavior of being sexual with pubescent children, be it female or male. The word Pedophile comes from this. In the past few years, the act of pedophilia has increased at an exponential rate in our societies. Due to this danger lurking about, some steps have to be taken to ensure that your children are safe and they know how to avoid any act of pedophilia.
- The very first thing that children must be taught is that they should never talk to a stranger. And at this point we have reached, they must also be given reasons as to why they must avoid any sort of contact with someone they do not recognize.
- Even the parents must stay cautious of who they bring into the lives of their children. Be it an uncle or a friend they have known for many years.
- Parents must keep an eye on their children at all times, making sure that they do not wander off somewhere where they might come into contact with danger.
- Teaching your child body boundaries is crucial for them to understand that there are certain ways and areas of their body that are out of limits for any grown up they are not comfortable with.
- Parents should teach their kids ways to get out of any situation that they feel uncomfortable in, which regards an adult they are not familiar with. Maybe some non-verbal signs may help in this scenario as a code for it.
- Parents should understand that if a child is refraining from entering a specific house or place, that there might be a more dangerous reason involved rather than them just being shy.
- Parents should talk to their children enough to make them comfortable to talk about any person who may be eyeing them in any wrong or unethical way.
- Children should be given an idea about how consent works and that if they are not willing to do something, no person, be it an adult or otherwise, can force themselves on them.
- The increased ratings of pedophilia in this age makes it evident that there is a major need for education regarding this issue. Parents must openly tell their children about dangerous predators.
- When children are present in an open and public environment the parents should be around them at all times and should not entrust anyone else to handle them. Large crowds can be overwhelming for small kids.
- Toilets are one of the most basic places for these predators to attack. Parents need to make sure that they check the toilets and are present with the children throughout.
- If you have any information regarding someone whom you know is a pedophile or is interested in the act, report it to the police as soon as possible.
- Parents should give children access to helplines so that in case they are not available and their child is in trouble they can find help.
- Keeping check and asking children about their day and who they interacted with is a must.
Parents need to see that they themselves do not end up putting their child in a vulnerable position.